The Fall Conference provides an opportunity to enter products of the hive from your bees in this year’s Honey Show. Turn in your entries at the Honey Show Booth in the Willamette Foyer no sooner and no later than between 8:00 am and 9:45 am on Saturday. Judging begins at 10 am and will continue until completed.
Honey Judge: Marjie Ehry
Honey Steward: Susan Rauchfuss
Guidelines are as follows:
Comb Honey – 3 lots of 3 rounds
Extracting Frames each class– 3 frames
All Other Honey – 3 pint jars
Extracted Honey – 3 Standard, Uniform 1 lb. honey jars (No pint jars)
COMB HONEY: Class #1
1. Comb honey, any one variety (3 round sections)
2. Comb honey, any one variety (3 square sections)
3. Chunk honey in a jar (3 wide mouth pint jars)
4. Full depth, any one variety (3 frames)
5 Shallow, any one variety (3 frames)
6. Western, any one variety (3 frames)
7. Semi, any one variety (3 frames)
EXTRACTED HONEY: Class #2
Extracted liquid honey (3 – 1 lb. queenline jars; no pint jars)
11. Creamed Honey (3 pint jars)
BEESWAX: Class #3
17. Natural or Sun bleached 1 lb. minimum (1 piece)
18. Beeswax candles, 100% beeswax 2–5 lbs. (dipped large single or several pairs)
19. Artistic beeswax, 100% beeswax. Entries can be several pieces, but must be fastened together. Entries can be different shades of wax, i.e., brood wax or capping wax. No artificial enhancements.
BEEKEEPING PHOTO: Class #4
Entries must be in an 8” x 10” black frame, subject matter: Bee Hives in Pollinating Crop. Use your imagination.
GIFT BASKET: CLASS #15
Must contain at least 5 honey and related bee products.